5. Florida Marlins: I hope not, but you have to consider them in the mix, as they legitimately were for both Pujols and Wilson. Apparently the Marlins have the money to add another big free agent after adding Reyes, Heath Bell and Mark Buehrle. Though they will be in it, I think four other teams have a better chance of landing him.
4. San Francisco Giants: The Giants could have seemed the favorites last season and there is no secret that they need to add some offense to their team. A perfect fit, but the Giants may not want to pay what it will take to land him. They are the team that may need him the most, so thats something Brian Sabean has to figure out.
3. Texas Rangers: The Rangers feel the balance of power change in the AL West after the Angels added Pujols and Wilson. They will also be without their starting 1B Mitch Moreland to start the 2012 season. They have money to spend. (losing Wilson who they were looking to sign) It will come down to how much better the Rangers think they'll be with Fielder and how much they feel they need to react to the Angels bettering themselves.
2. St. Louis Cardinals: Of course, the Cardinals lost out on Pujols to the Angels and they have a huge hole at first base. Lance Berkman could play there, but Berkman was prepared to stay in right field with the expected return of Pujols. The Cardinals have the money to add Fielder, as they were prepared to pay Pujols over $230 million over 10 years. Fielder is younger and is looking to sign for a lesser contract in both years and AAV. (average annual value) Should be very appealing to the defending World Series Champions.
1. Washington Nationals: The Nationals struck out trying to land either Wilson or Buehrle. They were finalists for both. GM Mike Rizzo has made it clear the team has money to spend. I think they will be "in it" for Oswalt, but Fielder makes the most sense. They will be able to give him the contract he wants. Adding Fielder will lengthen their lineup and take some of the pressure off of Jayson Werth. Werth as a 5 or 6 hitter would be more comfortable and will be in a similar situation to where he had success with the Phillies. Fielder will also help Ryan Zimmerman get to the next level. Zimmerman could become a Ryan Braun type with Fielder hitting behind him. Plus the Nationals have not made said splash yet with bodes well for the Fielder situation.